Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Engineering
About the Department
The Department of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Engineering is an integral part of M.S. Engineering College, Bengaluru aims at bringing out the technical and inherent talents of the young and budding Engineers. The Department was established in the academic year 2020 with intake of 30.Current intake of BE is 30. We are offering a four year BE Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Program affiliated with Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi and approved by AICTE, New Delhi.
Department of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Engineering takes special efforts to impart learning ability for the students. The students are focused with the use of conceptual understanding of core domain area in Computing as well as enhanced programming skills disseminating their analytical abilities. The faculties of our department are well qualified and have rich knowledge in their subjects. In order to update their knowledge The staff members are deputed to undergo training in the latest topics.
Department has good interactions and MOUs with leading technology domain Industries. Department is committed to encourage students/researchers to carry out innovative research in the field of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Engineering , keeping excellence in focus and deliver quality services to match the needs of the technical education system, industry and society.
Glimpse of NCETAR 2K19
To impart the quality education among the students and nurture their ability to become the successful professionals to meet the challenges of industry and society.
- • To provide the knowledge in the profession and self learning, achieve the excellence in Computer Science & Engineering
- • To build a creativity, team-spirit and entrepreneurial leadership in Computer Science & Engineering field
- • To develop skilled professional, strong ethical values and responsible team leadership, work towards the progress of the society
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates will achieve successful professional career in IT industry with the approach of lifelong learning.
- Graduates will possess technical competency to design develop and solve engineering problems related to IT industry.
- Graduates will attain the qualities of professional leadership to deliver effectively in multidisciplinary global working environment with professionalism and ethical values
Program Outcomes (POs)
- • Engineering Knowledge Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering Fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- • Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- • Design/ Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- • Conduct Investigations of Complex Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- • Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- • The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- • Environment and Sustainability:Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- • Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- • Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- • Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- • Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- • Life-long learning To recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- • Problem solving Skill: An ability to analyze, design and develop the software following the software engineering standards and professional practices to deliver a quality product.
- • Professional Skill : An ability to exhibit the competency to solve complex software problems in the context of changing technologies with the ability to work and communicate effectively with professionals in industries.
To develop students towards industry requirements using current technology, innovative practices, skills and tools necessary for computing.
It is a pleasure to head the department of CSE. The department offers BE (CSE) and M-Tech(CSE). The aim of the department is to provide high quality education along with training the students with all the new advancements in the computers field. The department places emphasis on all the important aspects of computers such as High speed networks, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Web Technology, mobile networks , Algorithm Design, Operational research, Advance database systems, Theory of computation , Computer Graphics and many more. The department also takes initiative to improve the soft skills, analytical capabilities and verbal communication of the students so that they can face the competition in the corporate world confidently.
The scope of computer science is endless. The students of the computer science and engineering are highly demanded by the recruiters of the top companies. The department provides platform for the students to achieve their career goals.
Prof., HOD,(Dr.) Malatesh S Havanur
Professor & Head. (CSE)
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Engineering Department
M S Engineering College
Contact No. +91 8310473125
Why Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Engineering
The department is helping the students in getting exposure to cutting edge technologies by means of organizing industrial visits and technical talks from domain experts of reputed research organizations. The students are encouraged to involve themselves in creative, technical and research activities. Numerous companies from India employ huge number of computer professionals in their Indian and overseas offices. Therefore, students who complete this program successfully have industrial career opportunities in the technical areas as: Software Engineer, Systems Engineer, Software Developer, Java Developer, Business Analyst, NET Developer, Web Developer, Systems Administrator, Project Manager, Network Engineer and so on. As an alternative career path, the successful student can continue his/her postgraduate education in engineering or management. He / She may also become an entrepreneur.
- • Commitment to Quality
- • Improving students performance
- • Increased cooperation within the discipline and with other disciplines
- • Adequate Lab facility
- • Certification course from INFOSYS campus connect program since three years (MoU’s)
- •Funding mostly external, fragmented and multi-source, making the conducting of basic research more difficult.
- •Much publishing at conferences, computer and information sciences therefore not completely commensurable with other disciplines.
- •Difficulties in securing funding for maintenance and acquisition of medium-priced infrastructures as well as for programming laboratories.
- • Clearer career opportunities for young researchers through the tenure-track system.
- • Industry institute interactive learning to prepare industry ready candidates.
- • To promote the active engagement of the learner as experimental and experiential learning
- • Enhancement of research and entrepreneur activity in the field of engineering and technology
- • Continuous change in technology that challenges the employability of the students.
- • Information technology unable to attract new talents to the field challenges posed by the ongoing generational change.
- • MOU to establish research labs with industry
- • To establish centre for excellence
- • To start research development projects
|1||Dr. Malatesh S H||M. Tech, Ph.D||CSE||Professor & HOD||View|
|2||Dr. Latha Shanmugam||M.Phil(CSE), Ph.D||Science & Humanities||Professor||View|
|3||Mr. Narayana H.M||M.Tech, (Ph.D)||Software Engineering||Assoc. Professor||View|
|4||Mrs. Aruna M. G.||M.Tech, (Ph.D)||CSE||Assoc. Professor||View|
|5||Mrs. Dipti Patnayak||M.Tech, (Ph.D)||CSE||Assoc. Professor||View|
|6||Mr. Madhusudan Reddy||M. Tech, (PhD)||CSE||Asst. Professor||View|
|7||Mr. Ranjan G||M. Tech.||CNE||Assoc. Professor||View|
|8||Mrs. Nisha Choudhary||M. Tech||Software Engineering||Asst. Professor||View|
|9||Mr. Pradeep M||M.E, (Ph.D)||CSE||Asst. Professor||View|
|10||Mrs. Chandana B S||M. Tech||CNE||Asst. Professor||View|
|11||Mr. Prasanth kumar P V||M. Tech||CSE||Asst. Professor||View|
|12||Ms. Soumya N S||M. Tech||CNE||Asst. Professor||View|
|13||Mrs. Ambika S R||M. Tech||CSE||Asst. Professor||View|
|14||Mrs. Vinutha||M. Tech||CSE||Asst. Professor||View|
|15||Mrs.Anupama P V||M. Tech||CSE||Asst. Professor||View|
|16||Mr. Pankaj Kumar||M.E, (Ph.D)||CSE||Asst. Professor||View|
|17||Mrs. Varalakshmi K V||M.Tech||CSE||Assist. Professor||View|
|18||Mr.Manoj Kumar R.||M.Tech||CSE||Asst. Professor||View|
|19||Mrs Dhanashree Kuthe||M.Tech,||CSE||Asst. Professor||View|
|20||Ms. P. Sushmitha Singh||M. Tech||CSE||Asst. Professor||View|
MACHINE LEARNING LAB
The laboratory is designed for doing machine Learning related real world experiments implementation and research work. The laboratory is equipped with 22 higher- end systems.Learning Outcomes: • Understand the implementation procedures for the machine learning algorithms.
• Design Java/Python programs for various Learning algorithms.
• Apply appropriate data sets to the Machine Learning algorithms.
• Identify and apply Machine Learning algorithms to solve real world problems
• Hardware and Software specifications:
• No of Computers: 22
• System/Application Software: Python/Anaconda, Eclipse/JDK,.
• Operating System: Windows 10/Ubuntu14.04
Staff in Charge: Mr. Vishnuvardhan Y
WEB TECHNOLOGY LAB
The laboratory contain 22 higher-end systems intended for web technology projects/experiments work and research.Learning Outcomes:
- • Design and develop dynamic web pages with good aesthetic sense of designing and latest technical know-how's.
- • Have a good understanding of Web Application Terminologies, Internet Tools other web services.
- • Learn how to link and publish web sites.
Hardware and Software specifications:
No of Computers: 22
System/Application Software: PHP, MYSQL, ECLIPSE, APACHE
Operating System: Windows 10/Ubuntu14.04
Staff in Charge: Mrs. Nisha Choudhary
DAA & DS LAB
To prepare Students to excel in developing programs by illustrating the different data structure concepts and algorithm design strategies. To provide Students with solid foundation in concepts of Data structure and C programming and algorithms.
- • Design algorithms using appropriate design techniques (brute-force, greedy, dynamic programming, etc.)
- • Implement a variety of algorithms such assorting, graph related, combinatorial, etc., in a high level language.
- • Analyze and compare the performance of algorithms using language features.
- • Apply and implement learned algorithm design techniques and data structures to solve real-world problems.
Hardware and Software specifications:
- • No of Computers: 22
- • System/Application Software: Eclipse/JDK, GCC, TC
- • Operating System: Windows 10/Ubuntu14.04
COMPUTER GRAPHICS LAB
- • No of Computers: 22
- • System/Application Software: OPENGL
- • Operating System: WINDOWS 10/7
COMPUTER NETWORK LAB
SS & OS LAB
DETAIL OF LAB-LAND PROJECTS:
|Sl No||Product||Commercial Year||Team member|
|1||Aaron ASIC GUI||2013|
|4||Real Time Virtual Lab||2015|
Workshops & Seminars
|Sl No||Name||Funding Agency||Date|
|01||Guest Lecture on “ Bridging the Industry Academia Gap||MSET||21st April 2018|
|02||One Day National Conference on “Emerging Trends in Engineering Technology and Applied Research||MSET & VTU||19th May 2017|
|03||MSET||7th April 2017|
|04||Expert Lecture on “Wireless sensor networks and Its Applications||MSET||03 March 2017|
|05||Roadshow on “Foundation Program 4.0” for Final year Students||Infosys CampusConnect||22nd August 2016|
|06||The great challenge TGMC||MSET||23rd Feb 2016|
|07||The internet of things||MSET||9th March 2016|
|08||Introduction to Smart Cities||MSET||22nd March 2016|
|09||Quantum Mechanics||MSET||20th Aug 2016|
|10||Five Days Microsoft Technology Associate Certification ProgramIOT and Mobile Application Development||MSET||24/09/2016 to 29/09/2016|
|11||Internet of Things||MSET||23rd Dec 2016|
|12||One day Workshop on Ethical Hacking and Real time Application||MSET||24th December 2016|
|13||Road show||InfosysCampusConnect||23rd September 2015|
|14||EduKinsect Training Program||MSET||30th October 2015|
|15||National Conference On Emerging Trends In Engineering & Technology And Applied Research||MSET||10th July 2015|
|16||Overview of Big data and Hadoop Echo System||MSET||23rd Sep 2015|
|17||Android Operating System||MSET||30th Sep 2015|
|18||Oracle Workforce development Program||MSET||6th Oct 2015 17|
|19||Cloud Computing||MSET||9 & 10 October 2014|
|20||Recent Trends in Computers, Communication & Information Technology (RCCIT)||MSET||29 April 2013|
|21||Recent Trends in Computers, Communication & Information Technology (RCCIT)||MSET||8 April, 2011|
|22||Recent Trends in Computers, Communication & Information Technology (RCCIT)||MSET||17 & 18 April, 2009|
|Sl No||Year||Alumni List|
Working as Software Engineer in Quinnox. "While studying at MSEC, I grew as an individual, learning to interact and talk to people from different backgrounds"
Ashwini B. S.
B. M. Karthik
Contact UsDr. Anand Kumar
Professor & Head Of Department
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Engineering
M S Engineering College
Contact:- +91 80 4121 5454